Choosing a pest control company, no matter what your pest problem, is critical. But when it comes to bed bugs, it’s essential to make sure that the problem is solved quickly and done right the first time. To ensure that you hire the right pest control pro, we’ve compiled a list of tips, tricks, and questions to ask to make sure you end up with the best pest control professional.
- What credentials do they have? Check to make sure the company is licensed, insured. All IBRBA certified members are licensed and insured according to the laws in their state.
- Make sure the company you choose specializes in bed bug treatments and can answer all your bed bug-related questions. You want your pest control company to be knowledgeable in the pest problem that you’re having.
- Find out what treatments they offer. Heat treatments are the most effective way to kill bed bugs, but there are several different ways that heat can be applied. Make sure you’re comfortable with the methods used by the company. Follow up inspections and treatments may be necessary; make sure the company has a plan in place to ensure that the bugs are gone.
- Make sure that the pre and post requirements for prep and clean up are well outlined. A good pest control company should give you tasks to help make sure the treatments are successful and to help with the proper clean up of the area. Make sure to ask questions if you don’t know or understand something.
- Check the cost. Obviously, the cost of the treatment is significant too. Don’t forget to ask the price and go over what services will be performed for the agreed-upon price point. Don’t hire anyone until the price and services are well outlined!
- Get evidence of bed bug activity. A good pest control company should be able to show you proof of the bugs. Whether that is a positive sign from a K-9 or live insects, you should also be shown evidence of where the bugs are active.
- Your pest control pro should ask you lots of questions. Make sure to answer truthfully and completely. This will help them develop a treatment plan and know where to look for the bugs.
How IBBRA is helping:
The IBBRA is dedicated to eliminating bed bugs by providing the most accurate educational materials, recognized product approval platform, and a network of trusted pest professionals. All of the pest professionals featured on the IBBRA website are required to uphold the most ethical business practices, remain current with all laws and regulations in their area, and be licensed and insured. Use our provider map to find a professional near you. You can navigate directly to their website for more info, or get their contact info right from their IBBRA listing.